The weather is cooperating so nicely for these soup posts! After having so many days in the 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s, winter has made a return in the last part of February. As I’ve said before – about the only good thing winter has to offer is delicious food – soup, in particular.
I noticed when looking back at my recent posts I spelled soup de jour two different ways. Apparently it can be de jour or du jour – so take your pick.
Before I get on to today’s variation let me tell you about our dinner tonight. My husband’s niece and her husband are staying with us a few days and I decided to serve Taco Potatoes. One of my friends recommended it to me from the Heavenly Homemaker website. It is wonderful and a great meal for a cold winter evening. With two young adult males in the house I didn’t have any trouble filling them up. Be sure to try it sometime when you need something budget friendly and tasty to serve.
And now Tuscan Vegetable Soup!
- Desired amount of basic soup
- White beans – I use homemade but if you use canned be sure to drain and rinse
- Italian seasoning
- Kale – cleaned and torn into bite sized pieces
- Place desired amount of basic soup into pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat until kale is tender.